Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1). (Regarding Chapter 13) Which of the research methods listed in Table 13.3 seem the most interesting? Assume you want to study some aspect of deception. Frame a research question. Which method would you choose to answer the question. Why?

Regarding one of the research methods for chapter 13, Ethnography has been one that has most intrigued me. Through performing ethnography, the researcher observes behavior in its natural setting. I believe being able to physically be present while performing research is essential for collecting valuable research. Even when collecting data from a particular research group, the researcher may go undercover to collect data. I feel that many researchers who want to physically want to be apart of their own research may choose an ethnographic approach. I think that an interesting research question that I would want to research would be, What are the communication practices of athletes during a baseball game. I feel that it would be both interesting and fun to be apart of this type of research. there are hundreds of ways baseball players communicate amongst each other. The method I would choose to answer my research question would be ethnography.

No comments:

Post a Comment