Friday, February 6, 2009

Think of a speaker you admire. Does his or her power to persuade come from ethos, pathos, or logos? Think about your own ability to persuade others. What personal qualities do you have that make you persuasive? Does Aristotle's classification scheme work for them, or do they fit into another category?


President Obama is someone who I admire as a speaker. I haven't read any other posts of my fellow classmates but I can guarantee that at least one other person will also find our president admirable. His charismatic presence combined with his influential and motivational speeches make him an ideal person to admire. Barrack Obama's power can be related to logos, ethos, and pathos; but I believe that pathos mostly is seen in Obamas speeches. The way he captures the audience's attention with emotional vivd and Think of a speaker you admire. Does his or her power to persuade come from ethos, pathos, or logos? Think about your own ability to persuade others. What personal qualities do you have that make you persuasive? Does Aristotle's classification scheme work for them, or do they fit into another category? concrete speeches make him a very influential speaker. I also consider myself to be somewhat of a persuasive speaker. I believe that Ethos would best describe me because I have good moral character and I’m also concerned about the person or audience I'm speaking to. I also believe that Aristotle's scheme does work especially when it comes to the concept of argumentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment